KASO PLASTICS ENGINEERING SERVICES
ENGINEERING SUPPORT YOU CAN COUNT ON
KASO’s expert engineering team has the tools you need to prepare products for successful manufacturing. From our initial contact, KASO’s product design and engineering assistance has you covered. Take advantage of our experience with plastic part design and the Design for Manufacturing (DFM) Review to injection mold design, mold flow analysis, materials selection, and even 3d prototyping support.
PLASTIC PART DESIGN
Whether you’re starting with a fully developed design or simply have a concept in mind, KASO’s dedicated engineering team ensures you’ll have a production-ready design that takes into account functionality, aesthetics, operational conditions and budget. Our engineers have decades of experience working with a wide range of products.
Proper materials for the job is one of the most important elements of good design. The materials chosen will play a major role in the ultimate success of your injection molded parts.
We invite you to leverage the knowledge and experience of KASO’s team of engineers to ensure you have the proper materials. Our team has expert knowledge of a wide range of plastic materials and can ensure your products enjoy a carefully balanced approach that considers both material characteristics and costs.
Proper materials selection includes careful analysis to understand your products, their applications, and your cost requirements. Choosing the right materials can provide:
- Longer product life span
- More attractive products
- Improved tensile strength as required for individual product designs
- Greater environmental and temperature resistance
KASO’S EARLY SUPPLIER INVOLVEMENT PROCESS
Early involvement with your manufacturing partner can reap huge benefits, helping you bring products to market quickly with the highest quality and lowest cost. By getting involved earlier in the product development process, you’ll have the opportunity to communicate crucial information about your specific requirements so they can be factored into your designs from Day One.
THE DESIGN FOR MANUFACTURING REVIEW
The Design for Manufacture Review gives KASO engineers the chance to understand your product design needs to provide suggestions that will help you improve product manufacturability. KASO’s seasoned engineering team can help remove unnecessary design elements and reduce your risk of designing products that are too complex or too expensive to produce.
Learn more about the benefits of Design for Manufacturing.
OPTIMIZATION FOR MANUFACTURING
Optimization for Manufacturing involves the strategic application of our wide range of tools to maximize the efficiency, productivity and profitability of your product.
We consider the full life-cycle your manufactured products demand, from early stages of forecasting, through planning, scheduling, dispatch, execution and post-analysis.
KASO’S ENGINEERING CAPABILITIES
- Plastic Part Design: KASO’s expert engineering team has been helping our customers design plastic parts for over 50 years. Take advantage of our knowledge, tools, and processes for optimized parts that are ready for successful manufacturing.
- Materials Selection: Materials selection experience is crucial to ensure you have the right materials for your products. KASO’s engineering team will review material options with you and can suggest substitutes that may reduce costs, improve product quality, or both!
- Mold Flow Analysis: Using the latest software, we simulate injection molding while still in the early phases of design. This helps determine if there are potential design challenges prior to investing valuable time and money in dedicated tooling.
- Rapid Prototyping: Make cost-effective choices while bringing your product designs to life in the early phase of product design! Prototyping prior to injection molding can identify errors in part geometry long before final manufacturing is underway.
PUT KASO’S ENGINEERING EXPERTISE TO WORK FOR YOUR PRODUCTS
- Early Supplier Involvement
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
- Metal to Plastic Conversion
- Rapid Prototyping / 3D Printing